Being a mother is THE GREATEST thing I have ever known...but it's so much harder than I thought it was going to be. One kid was easy for me, but two is sooooooooo much harder than I thought it was going to be. I'm having to learn that I can't have my things and children perfect and put together all the time. I'm KNOW I'm not the only one having a hard time with a busy two year old, but wow it's knock me down to tears a time or two (hundred). I'm learning to trust in the Lord for help on this one, because a two year old is still going to do tomorrow what a two years old is going to do. And only I can change and find patients SOMEWHERE. (That's the hard part) So I was very grateful for this video to remind me where I need to turn. I don't want to be the mother that teaches that everything has to be so perfect....I want them to know that there is nothing so big in life that can't be made right. And that includs me at the end of the day when I loose it, thinking about all the things I regret and didn't handle right. But every morning when those big blue eyes look up and see me and I get that smile that lights up this mothers whole world it's another day that can be better than the last and I know that it's all worth how hard it really is because it is for forever. And I'm not alone.
4 comments:
Thank you for posting that. It was perfect.
Beautiful. Thank you.
I loved that video when I saw it awhile back. But I appreciate the reminder, as I had a particularly tough day yesterday as a mom. I gave 110% to Heather in helping her with her homework and it was a battle, as always. And there were tears about going to her Young Women activity and tears before bed. Sheesh! We've got all sorts of mood swings going on between me and her 14 year old hormones! But today has been better. Hope yours has too. Love ya! :)
I'm so glad I'm not the only one - and I only have one right now!!! I am a little nervous about 2 kids but it's like you said, I know I have the Lord on my side and know that He will help me. I am so grateful to know that. You rock Laura girl. Miss you!
Post a Comment